Friday, December 23, 2016

Look into your heart...

I can't wait for Boxing Day I say to a friend when she asks me if I am looking forward to Christmas. Don't get me wrong I add, I love going to church on Christmas morning to sing carols and see friends i have met on my Brain Tumour journey.

I love seeing the grins when I give gifts to my family on Christmas Day. I love giggling as we share jokes. I love sitting around a table eating far too much food; then using up our spare coppers to play our Christmas card game... 

But this year  I don't have the energy to decorate the house with tinsel and trimmings. Can't be bothered really. All that bending and twisting exhausts me. 

When Mr H comes home from work I tell him to close his eyes  

Two seconds later I tell him to open them

Tada...The Christmas tree is up I grin...



We giggle at the £2.49 childish, tacky tree which brings Christmas into our home.

In the shops  I feel like a pressure cooker with a bobbing lid. Sweat drips off my forehead as I am knocked sideways by present clasping grey haired ladies and pram pushing mummies.

In Tesco I spot two young lads handing out leaflets to people as they clamber onto the escalator to buy more food. They give me their scouts grin as they tell me, we are collecting food for the food bank today.

When we leave the shop Mr H and I push our trolley over to the charity collection point and wait as a lady in front almost completely empties her trolley bursting with tins onto the table. A joyous tingle runs up my spine as we then add our tins, jars of coffee and tea bags to the magically growing collection. It's food for people who don't have enough money to buy even the basics.

At home I hum to myself as I stir cake mixture and roll icing to create cupcake gifts for some of my friends. When I give them they are met with wide smiles and gasps that I have made cakes for them. 

I make more for the staff and volunteers in the Green Community Travel Charity. Their help means I can get out to my exercise classes and to meet friends when Mr H is at work...



When I walk into their office for the first time I am met with smiles and Santa hats. These happy people work or freely give their time to help people like me.  I hand the cakes to Jenny the office manager with a request. Please save one for Richard my friendly Friday morning driver who takes me to choir every week....

My friends please remember this for Christmas...


 I wish all my friends and blog readers a Peaceful Christmas and a Healthy 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment