Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Life is beautiful

Last week a friend asked  if I ever get bored. 

Never! 

I am too busy living I said

Each morning as I wake I wrap my arms around myself and thank the Lord for I feel well. Really well, I am grinning with wellness. 


Yes I still trip when the slabs are uneven 
and often when they are not.
I  have to limit my drinks to six a day.
Be mindful to not let my energy dip too low
to let seizures take hold and
 cause an emotional crash...

But this summer I don't have to traipse to and from the oncology unit, have regular bloods taken, or avoid eating runny yolk eggs.

I welcome every second of this wellness, cramming as much in as my damaged body can deal with.

I am making the most of this pocket of time I tell my counsellor. I am at the top of the mountain and am camping here for as long as I can.  I am caring for me. 

This peace of mind has evaded me for so long as I have constantly searched for the old Dawn. Dawn the nurse. Dawn the leader. Dawn the walker and runner...

I have writing projects to keep my grey cells cranking. I can choose whether to commit the time. I had my first swimming lesson for nearly two years and have been encouraged to try Nordic walking at Penny Brohn Cancer Care. And once again I can potter at the allotment,

But quite often I am happy to just be. Grateful that I am here to enjoy this summer, my family, friends and life...


Just when the caterpillar 
thought the world was over,
It became a butterfly...






No comments:

Post a Comment