Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Getting out to smell the hyacinths

Mr H has arranged a bouquet of spring pots outside our front door. As I pass, the sweet fragrance of hyacinths floats in the air. Tiny yellow and white daffodils smile as they sway in wisps of spring breeze.

I smile too. 

I push my nose down into the delicate flowers, as I breathe in I close my eyes and summer meadows float into view. Bird song permeates the air despite the odd car passing by. I open my eyes as a blue tit passes and watch as he dips his beak into the feeder and takes a seed before flying away.

I have just been for a walk, for my waxing, keeping my routine in place. Myriam my beautician and friend treated me to a manicure while I was there. My hands are so relaxed they flop over the key as I open the door...


Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference - Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment