Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Breast Cancer blows the A out of Z

As you all know a brain tumour blew up my old life and as debris fell, epilepsy settled in the dust. As I grew my new normal I found writing and Blogging. 

Choosing my Blog name was easy. Like a petulant child 'Gap' bounced up and down squealing Me. Me. Me! A Gap in my head which I had to protect. Gaps in my life which the debris had caused. And when the train conductor calls out 'Mind the Gap' I tremble. No longer able to step off without launching myself head first at the briefcase carrying businessmen as they carefully avoid helping me...

So Mind The Gap was born but the name already existed. Somewhere. I added A-Z and whoopee I was in. I had something to focus on each day. I decided to start at A and slowly work towards Z. Occasionally I broke my rule if an out of sequence blog demanded to be written.

Until now.

Breast Cancer has destroyed the structure in my weeks. Like a volcano my life has once again erupted and the A has been blown out of Z...

By my next blog I will be different. I will feel different. I will look different. I wonder if my writing will change?

But Ray Bradbury reminds me...You fail only if you stop writing...


No comments:

Post a Comment