Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Joyous July close to the sky

I was lured by the lake district year after year walking hills, mountains and fells with the Ramblers. In 2008 Mr H and I visited with some of his family, we stayed in a cottage surrounded by green pastures and wavy hills dotted with cattle grazing under a canopy of blue sky.

I persuaded them to walk to Tarn Hows just outside Coniston. They mumbled and moaned and only a bribe of fruit pastilles got them trailing behind me. 

But at the top they gasped at the beauty in front of us.



But when it came to climbing Old Man Coniston I met a resounding NO. NEVER!

So I was left to gaze up from below and be satisfied with Mr H's promise to come back and climb sometime soon.

But that November, my life came crashing down.

"You may delay, but time will not"
Benjamin Franklin

"Why not seize the pleasure at once, how often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparations"
Jane Austin

Technorati Tags

No comments:

Post a Comment