Sunday, April 14, 2013

Following Brian........

Twenty years I have followed him... some say stalk...if having his photo as my mobile phones' screensaver ...not changing my jumper after he hugged me...seeing him two nights running twenty miles away from home....is stalking ....then they may be right!

Last nights performance was intimate, I could feel his spit on my face, gaze adoringly into his eyes...stare at his tight black T shirt as it clung to his well toned chest...

His voice surpasses any other, lyrics make me laugh and cry, my gaze is adoring as he flicks his dark hair away from his eyes... I know all the words, have all his albums, have seen him  more times than I can recall..

Mr H encourages... is the man behind the camera when I queue for another photograph and autograph.

Last night ...his music made me sing from within...we met up with friends, M introduced me to Brian Kennedy when he sang in a tiny pub.....like food, live music has been prominent in my life...

I left with a promise to me...more live concerts will feature in my routine....this morning my left leg refuses to climb up a step, my head is heavy to carry... but none of this matters as listening to Brian sends birds flying free in my heart...  

In Brians own words...
You keep saying that one day things could
Be fabulous,
If only you had the right shoes, new
Clothes, the dream team doing your hair.
Why do you have to waste time on your
Waistline when you could be having
Dinner with me?
Will you really be the winner
If you're thinner?
How can I make you see?

Get on with your short life,
Get on with this sweet precious time,
You know you're only dreaming
So why don't you wake up and get on
With your short life

You keep praying that some day things
Will be different
If you only had the right lips, killer hips,
A sun kissed permanent tan
But does it really matter if you're fatter
Than everybody else on the screen
It's more important to be truthful than just
Youthful on the cover of some magazine

Get on with your short life,
Get on with this sweet precious time,
You know you're only dreaming
So why don't you wake up and get on with
Your short life

...Thank you Brian
Dawn and Brian April 13th 





No comments:

Post a Comment